Thursday, June 2, 2011

Love Wins


It seems like a lot of people who have been criticizing Rob Bell for Love Wins haven't read the book. This is not intellectually virtuous, to say the least. Regardless, I did read it recently (ok, I listened to the audio book) and I thought it was extremely interesting and helpful. What Bell articulates so well is that Christian orthodoxy is a very wide tradition with considerable room for debate, disagreement, dialogue. Christian orthodoxy does have particular parameters, but within those parameters a lot can happen. Bell is exceptionally skilled at making complex theological ideas accessible. I recommend reading (or listening to) this one if you have the chance.

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Watson,

    I agree that within 'Christian orthodoxy' there is some wiggle room. To that end, why is it that some many have come out, harshly, against him? Is it that the wiggle room in orthodoxy has suddenly become unorthodox?

    ReplyDelete